It’s a little late to be formulating goals for 2014, but better late than never. They are:
- Get fully healthy (I had a minor surgery on Jan. 13th and recovery is going well. I might be able to get back on the bike pretty soon here…I hope. )
- Do another Fleche Velocio (last year was a lot of fun)
- Get a couple permanents approved (scouting and designing routes is fun too)
- Finally get the RCoH up and running in some sort of low-key / trial form – even if its just a half dozen of us.
- Do at least a couple 200Ks, and at least one longer randonee (a 300K being most likely).
- Do one of those 200K on my upright bike.
Regarding the last one, I was asked if that was a spiritual exercise. Heh. Well, sorta. It’s mostly just to see if I can do it. Or rather, to see how much I hate it when I do it (if I hate it). I’ve actually spent a fair amount of time over the last couple months of 2013 getting my fit right (and I finally found a saddle that truly works for me), and I want to see how far that progress can take me. So, I guess you could say its intellectual curiosity.